How Boat Syndication or Boat Share works
Joining a Boat Syndicate or Boat Share program – what we call Joint Ownership, simply makes sense.
Our unique Boat Syndicate programs have been carefully structured to maximise your enjoyment through ease of use and time on the water
- There are a limited number of shares, typically 6, available for each boat – you can choose to own 1 or 2 shares
- The term of ownership is 3 years, at the end of this three-year period the boat will be sold, and each owner will receive a share of the sale price equivalent to the number of shares they hold, less a small brokerage fee
- You can also sell your share through Flagstaff Marine at any time during the three years should your circumstances change
- Each boat share entitles you to 56 days per year usage plus unlimited standby days
- Bookings are administered via an easy online booking system which ensure each owner gets equal access to booking their 56 days usage which includes a minimum 16 weekend days per year, and you can also reserve up to 7 consecutive days for that longer cruise.
Included in your syndicate ownership is our two-day orientation and boat handling program to ensure you are completely comfortable with operating the boat
How are the boat share boats equipped?
- On board you will find all the necessary crockery, cutlery, serving dishes, cups, glasses and ready to go
- We provision the boats with essential such as tea, coffee, sugar and cleaning products plus those essentials such as toilet rolls
- Additionally, for a small fee you can rent blow up paddle boards or lily pads to add to your enjoyment
- Our onshore team can also organise catering for you and provision the boat prior to you and your guest arriving
- And for those special occasion for a small additional charge we can organise a qualified skipper
Your boat syndicate monthly fee covers all aspects of the cleaning, maintenance and servicing of your vessel including:
- Berthing- the boat will be kept in a secure berth at the designated marina
- Boat Insurance
- Engine service as per manufactures recommended service schedule.
- Annual haul out hull clean and antifoul.
- Preparation of boat prior to each departure
- Cleaning of boat on its return
- Regular deep cleans through the entire boat.
- Ongoing maintenance and upkeep of your boat
- Maintenance of all necessary safety gear, lifejackets, etc
- 24×7 support
Please note fuel is an additional charge for power boats
On behalf of the boat syndicate owners we organise all the start-up aspects of the syndication of the boat including:
- Commissioning and launching your new boat
- A comprehensive agreement covering joint ownership
- On line scheduler
- Maintenance schedule
- A thorough induction on the vessel for each owner
The process to join a Boat Share Syndicate is easy!
Register your interest, select your location and boat and we’ll get in touch.
Take a tour of the boat and review syndicate documents.
Purchase your share and set the date for your induction.